Monday, July 18, 2016

Project Based Learning

The school where I teach utilizes Project Based Learning (PBL) as a key component to how we teach. PBL is about the journey and the process and less focused on the actual product. Students have an opportunity to drive their learning using curiosity and interest in the subjects. The process allows students freedom to express their knowledge in creative ways and gives underachieving students a chance to excel.

I will again be working with a team of students to create and design a greenhouse for our school. I attacked the opportunity last year with force, but I think I need to step back and slow down a little. Here's a PBL unit I've designed to kick-off the year with students where they'll design and build mini biodomes. Students will observe changes and blog about their results and learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment