Monday, December 5, 2016

Portfolio Life in Space: NASA ISS and Astrobiology

As you know, I am in the process of completing my masters in education from Adams State University. I am working through their Curriculum and Instruction program which will include a STEM certification offered by the Endeavor STEM Teaching Certificate Project through Columbia Teachers College. These courses have been some of the most engaging and interesting courses I have taken throughout my LONG educational career. Not only are the instructors knowledgeable, but they are timely in their feedback and the course content is meant to be directly applicable to the classroom- not just a study on theories.

For the past semester, I have been working through various content related to NASA's International Space Station and the concept of Astrobiology. Despite the topic being on the lower end of my interest scale, I learned a great deal and feel that my students are getting an opportunity to work with the required standards in a little bit different context. This course had five main objectives that I have selected artifacts to demonstrate how I have implemented concepts in my classroom. In order to share my work, I utilized the new Google Sites to create a digital portfolio. Due to the craziness that always comes with the logistics of being a teacher, some of the projects are still ongoing.


No comments:

Post a Comment